- What information we collect
- How do we collect personal data
- How do we use and disclose personal data
- Disclosure of personal information
- Retention of Data
- Opt – Out
- Your Rights
- Complaints/ Feedbacks
ILC materially complies with applicable laws in the jurisdictions in which it operates, including the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) by May 25, 2018 in its handling of personal data of persons in the European Economic Area. It is in our legitimate business interests to provide you with the Services which use the personal data provided to us for the purposes described herein.
We will be a “data controller” for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”) for any personal information you provide to us in connection with our relationship.
We need to collect, use and disclose personal information in order to perform our business functions and activities, including making and managing travel bookings on behalf of our customers. We are firmly committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of personal information and to maintaining various physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect personal information in our care.
By providing personal information to us, you agree that this Notice will apply to how we handle your personal information and you consent to us collecting, using and disclosing your personal information as detailed in this Notice. If you do not agree with any part of this Notice, you must not provide your personal information to us. If you do not provide us with your personal information, or if you withdraw a consent that you have given under this Notice, this may affect our ability to provide services to you or negatively impact the services we can provide to you. For example, most travel bookings must be made under the traveler’s full name and must include contact details and appropriate identification (e.g. passport details). We cannot make bookings for you without that information.
What information we collect
In order to provide our services ILC collects, uses, and discloses personal data. Personal data is any information that can be used to identify you or that we can link to you. You, as traveler, meeting attendee, or user of the Services, may be asked to provide certain personal data when you use our Services, such as: your name, residential/mailing address, telephone number, email address, credit/debit card details (including card type, card number, security number and expiry date), passport details, loyalty program / frequent flyer details, information about your dietary requirements and health issues (if any), and other details relevant to your travel arrangements or required by the relevant travel service provider(s) (e.g. airlines and accommodation or tour providers).
How do we collect personal data
Your personal information is collected directly from you whether it’s in person, by telephone, email, through our website, mobile apps, social media or any other contact we or our business partners may have with you. Your data is collected when you complete your traveler profile, purchase travel and communicate with us.
How do we use and disclose personal data
The purposes for which we collect personal information, and those secondary purposes which we consider to be directly related, include:
- providing you with services and tools you choose to use (for example, saving travel preferences on our website(s) to a wish list or saving personal information to allow for pre-population of online forms);
- identification of fraud or error;
- regulatory reporting and compliance;
- developing and improving our products and services and those of our related entities;
- servicing our relationship with you by, among other things, creating and maintaining a customer profile to enable our brands to service you better or presenting options on our website we think may interest you based on your browsing and preferences;
- involving you in market research, gauging customer satisfaction and seeking feedback regarding our relationship with you and/or the service we have provided;
- to facilitate your participation in loyalty programs;
- for research and analysis in relation to our business and services, including but not limited to trends and preferences in sales and travel destinations and use of our websites;
- internal accounting and administration;
- to comply with our legal obligations and any applicable customs/immigration requirements relating to your travel; and
- other purposes as authorised or required by law (e.g. to prevent a threat to life, health or safety, or to enforce our legal rights).
Disclosure of personal information
Personal data collected is shared with or disclosed to:
- ILC and its related companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, joint ventures, partners, subcontractors, and agents as necessary to fulfil and support the Services, including emergency bookings and assistance, ticket issuance, responding to requests, and assessing or offering promotions.
- Companies ILC uses to support its business who provide ancillary services (e.g. fulfilment, surveys, storage, statistical analysis, technology, development, credit checks (as applicable).
- Your Company for reporting, auditing, tracking and other purposes as necessary with you or your Company, including those of its personnel they request we send or make personal data available to.
- Third party service providers you or your Company request we send personal data to (e.g. providers who secure compensation for delayed, cancelled, or overbooked flights on behalf of travellers; safety and tracking information providers; companies providing weather information, travel alerts, and destination content through solutions and tools; entities who collect travel information on behalf of airline carriers for the purpose of such entities forwarding it on to certain airlines for tracking of negotiated fares between airlines and you or your Company; successor organizations and other travel management companies.
- Third party service providers to complete travel and attendee arrangements and reservations and fulfil the Services (e.g. Global Distribution Systems (GDSs); airlines, trains, rental car and other ground transportation companies, hotels, cruise lines, destination management companies, and other related travel suppliers for booking/ticketing purposes; industry reporting authorities; equipment and technology vendors, including, without limitation, online booking tool providers, meeting registration software providers (including onsite and mobile event management solution providers), and audio visual companies; visa and passport providers; credit card companies and payment collection and processing companies).
Data consolidation companies may also be used by ILC or you or your Company for the purpose of creating reports and related statistics for benchmarking or other related purposes, including, without limitation, utilizing cumulative statistical data, which may incorporate data acquired from you or your Company for ordinary business purposes customary in our industry and the Services we provide, but without identifying, directly or indirectly, you or your Company.
ILC may be acquired, merge with another business, sell, or liquidate its assets, acquire, or buy other businesses or assets. In such transactions, personal data is generally one of the transferred business assets. In the event of an acquisition, sale, liquidation, or merger, your personal data and non-personal identifying information may be automatically assigned by us in our sole discretion to a third party.
Retention of Data
We retain data that is required in our contractual duties in the provision of services to you or your company and their employees. We review the data frequently and only retain for as long as necessary. Any deletion of data that is required in a timely fashion.
You may receive updates regarding special promotions or competitions targeted to your specific travel interests from time to time. You are under no obligation to respond to these emails and once notified we will take steps to stop using your information in this way.
A cookie is a small piece of text sent to your computer’s memory which can later be retrieved by other web pages. Cookies are used to make your interactions online more convenient for you. You can disable cookies using your own browser settings, however this may affect what material you will have access to on our websites.
You may request at any time a copy of the personal information held about you and request its correction or deletion. To obtain a copy of this information please forward the required documents by mail post, or in person, to our Data Protection Manager (See contact information).
For this purpose, you must provide the following documents:
A signed request;
A copy of your passport or national ID, so that we can verify your identity;
A signed authority from any third party whose data you request on their behalf.
Upon receipt of your request and within one month of receipt, we will inform you about the type of personal information we hold about you, the purposes for which we hold it and the possible recipients or types of recipients, as well as a copy of such data.
All complaints/feedback can be done via your travel consultant. All requests for access to your information or change of your information is done via a written request to:
Data Protection Manager
Internet Leisure and Corporate Limited
46 South Mall